Thursday, July 24, 2008

Movie Review: Hancock


From one superhero to another – Hancock. I had no such high expectations as I had for The Dark Knight. With Will Smith and Charlize Theron in the lead, I jumped on the idea of watching it. I knew it would be a lighthearted, timepass kinda movie – Truly so!

There are not many characters in the movie. Will Smith plays Hancock. Jason Bateman plays a PR professional – unsuccessful. Charlize plays Bateman’s wife. Will Smith is awesome to watch. Having seen him in serious roles in “The Pursuit of Happyness” and “I am Legend”, it was good to see him venturing into new roles like this. In fact, this suited him to perfection. Charlize is a treat to watch- damn gorgeous. There was an unexpected twist; I was caught completely off guard. The ending, quiet different, was apt to the story. By the by, it was the story that lacked the punch. Not bad though. It was worth the 150 bucks I had paid.

Ratings: My rating, 3.5 on 5. Brother Sumanth’s rating: 3 on 5. Cousin Suhas’s rating: 3 on 5

But these guys are mean. They don’t go beyond the 3 star marks. So, take my advice, spend another 100 bucks for this movie if you're free…

1 comment:

Shivakumar Soppannavar said...

i am absolutely free.. but cant spend 100 bucks on that movie...i can get it from you..(downloading bhatta)